How to Put
Get in touch with Dr Khalil Eye Clinic
HOW TO PUT DROPS CORRECTLY IN YOUR EYE
- Without letting the tip of the bottle touch your eye or eyelid, squeeze one drop of the medicine into the space between your eye and your lower eyelid. One eye drop is sufficient, more than one drop is a waste.
- After you squeeze the drop of medicine into your eye, close your eye. Then press a finger between your eye and the top of your nose. Press for several minutes. This way, more of the medicine stays in your eye. You’ll be less likely to have side effects.
- Wash your hands again after you put the drops in your eyes.
- Don’t let the tip of the bottle touch a table, the cabinet or anything else.
- Put a drop of the first medicine in your eye. Wait at least 10 minutes to put the second medicine in your eye. If you’re taking three medicines, wait 10 more minutes before putting the third medicine in your eye. If you don’t wait 10 minutes between medicines, some of the medicine may run out of your eye. If the medicine runs out of your eye, it doesn’t help you.
- If someone else puts your medicines in your eye for you, remind that person to wait 10 minutes
Dr Khalil Eye Clinic Specialties
A wide range of eye care procedures is offered at the highest standards at Dr Khalil Eye Clinic
Treatment of Keratoconus
Management of the conical cornea or keratoconus has made revolutionary leaps in past few years, mainly by the introduction of corneal cross linking (CXL), and other new surgical techniques..
Glaucoma Treatment and Surgery
the tools available for treating glaucoma has undergone a phenomenal expansion, thanks to the development of new medicines and new surgical techniques and devices.
Laser Treatment of the Retina
The laser produces a pure, high-intensity beam of light energy, that can be precisely focused onto the retina. Dr Khalil offers his expertise in laser treatment of the retina for cases with diabetes, vascular occlusions and others.
Keratoplasty, Corneal Transplantation
Cornea transplant, or Keratoplasty, is a highly refined surgery, in which Dr Khalil replaces a diseased and opaque cornea with a clear donor cornea, obtained from some of the best recognised international eye banks.
LASIK & Femto-LASIK
Today’s active lifestyle demands for visual performance that we can rely on, night and day, free of glassed and contact lenses. Some professions simply can not go well with glasses or contact lenses, like pilots, professional sportspeople and others. LASIK can offer glasses free excellent vision to most refractive vision errors
Modern Cataract Surgery
Modern cataract surgery is a miracle of modern medicine. Thanks to huge leaps in both expertise and technology. If your vision has faded as a result of cataracts, your likelihood of recovering more youthful vision with a cataract operation is very high
Comprehensive Eye Consultation
When you come to Dr Khalil Eye Clinic, you will have a full eye consultation, with comprehensive evaluation and discussion regarding your eye condition. Dr Ahmad Khalil will then give you advice on recommended investigations if needed and best course of management
Squint Treatment and Surgery
Squint treatmentcan lie simply on the use os some glasses, while in other cases it will need to be operated. Dr Khalil will help make the correct diagnosis and best treatment.
For higher levels of short- or long-sightedness or if the cornea is not suitable for LASIK vision correction, phakic lens implantation become the procedure of choice. Though the costier, the ICL has been demonstrated to obtain better visual outcomes compared to Lasik for higher degrees of errors
Injections inside the eye (Intra-vitreal)
An intravitreal injection is a procedure to place a medication directly into the space in the back of the eye called the vitreous cavity, near the retina. This is commonly used to treat retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, macular edema, and retinal vein occlusion
Treatment of Congenital Glaucoma
Dr Khalil has been fighting congenital glaucoma since 1998. He successfully operated more than 1200 cases, one of the highest figures internationally for this rare disease....As he is pioneering a successful surgical technique for the management of the difficult glaucoma in the newborn and infants