How to Put
Get in touch with Dr Khalil Eye Clinic
HOW TO PUT DROPS CORRECTLY IN YOUR EYE
It is important to learn the correct way of how to put drops in the eye especially after having LASIK or another eye surgery, or during the receiving treatment for glaucoma
- Without letting the tip of the bottle touch your eye or eyelid, squeeze one drop of the medicine into the space between your eye and your lower eyelid. One eye drop is sufficient, more than one drop is a waste.
- After you squeeze the drop of medicine into your eye, close your eye. Then press a finger between your eye and the top of your nose. Press for several minutes. This way, more of the medicine stays in your eye. You’ll be less likely to have side effects.
- Wash your hands again after you put the drops in your eyes.
- Don’t let the tip of the bottle touch a table, the cabinet or anything else.
- Put a drop of the first medicine in your eye. Wait at least 10 minutes to put the second medicine in your eye. If you’re taking three medicines, wait 10 more minutes before putting the third medicine in your eye. If you don’t wait 10 minutes between medicines, some of the medicine may run out of your eye. If the medicine runs out of your eye, it doesn’t help you.
- If someone else puts your medicines in your eye for you, remind that person to wait 10 minutes
Dr Khalil Eye Clinic Specialties
A wide range of eye care procedures is offered at the highest standards at Dr Khalil Eye Clinic
Treatment of Keratoconus
Management of the conical cornea or keratoconus has made revolutionary leaps in past few years, mainly by the introduction of corneal cross linking (CXL), and other new techniques..
Glaucoma Treatment and Surgery
the tools available for treating glaucoma has undergone a phenomenal expansion, thanks to the development of new medicines and new surgical techniques and devices.
Laser Treatment of the Retina
The laser produces a pure, high-intensity beam of light energy,which can be precisely focused onto the retina. Dr Khalil offers his expertise in laser treatment of the retina for cases with diabetes, vascular occlusions and others.
Keratoplasty, Corneal Transplantation
Cornea transplant, or Keratoplasty, is a highly refined surgery, in which Dr Khalil replaces a diseased and opaque cornea with a clear donor cornea.
LASIK & Femto-LASIK
LASIK vision correction can offer glasses free excellent vision for most people, including pilots and divers who have short- or long-sightedness or astigmatism.
Modern Cataract Surgery
Modern cataract surgery is a miracle of modern medicine. If your vision has faded as a result of cataracts, your likelihood of recovering excellent youthful vision when Dr Khalil operates your cataract.
Comprehensive Eye Consultation
When you come to Dr Khalil Eye Clinic, you will have a full eye consultation, with comprehensive evaluation and discussion regarding your eye condition and best options for management
Squint Treatment and Surgery
Squint treatmentcan lie simply on the use os some glasses, while in other cases it will need to be operated. Dr Khalil will help make the correct diagnosis and best treatment.
For higher degreesof short- or long-sightedness or if the cornea is not suitable for LASIK, ICL implantation become the procedure of choice. It offers better visual outcomes compared to Lasik for higher degrees of errors.
Injections inside the eye (Intra-vitreal)
An intravitreal injection is a procedure to place a medication directly into the space in the back of the eye, near the retina. This is commonly used to treat retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, macular edema, and retinal vein occlusion