First LASIK Consultation
To achieve the best possible results, proper treatment selection is step 1 in
A full comprehensive eye examination is mandatory to determine what is best suitable for your eyes
Your decision to have laser eye surgery is an important one, and we want you to make an educated
choice. After making the preliminary decision, you are expected to visit the Eye of Cairo Clinic for
a full examination by Dr Khalil, and a thorough discussion for your needs and expectations to determine
whether you are a LASIK candidate, and if it is the best choice for you
You will have a 30-90 minutes for this decision making consultation directly with Dr Khalil. During this time,
- state your needs and expectations
- have a full eye examination;
- Assessing your best corrected visual acuity, and decide the degree of refractive error
- Measuring the pressure of your eyes.
- external eye examination.
- Slit lamp examination; which is like a microscopic examination of your eyes revealing minute details of the cornea (on which LASIK is performed), and other parts of the eye.
- Examination of the back of your eye (fundus)
- measuring the corneal thickness to verify that there is a safe margin for performing LASIK
- Drawing a topographic map by a special computerised camera and software to exclude the presence of hidden
abnormalities that could not be seen by the slit lamp examination and to help make the plan for your LASIK
- Find out answers to questions you should be asking
- Following this, Dr Khalil will present you all the resulting data, factors that may affect your
personal outcome, continue with answering any further questions on your side, and give you the suitable opinion
for your condition. Then, and only then, your final decision comes.